Wednesday, November 28, 2007

to the bed


I worked from bed last night in a quiet apartment and re-sorted a method for making art that might be more amiable with running a social space. Instead of just adding Pocket Utopia as a task on another day as if it were another type of drawing,  I need to re-emphasize that it is an artwork that is text-based, folded, and built.  I need to incorporate it back into the overall structure of my art practice.

On another note, I met an amazing woman the other night, France Morin, who has just got back from Luang Probang, Laos, where she has been working on The Quiet in the Land. It's a curatorial project that places artists in a special community context where they then create artworks. Sounds like a great place to go. Now to go prepare for a "studio visit"" in the basement for a bunch of RISD students. Maybe they'll help me fold laundry.