Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's all in the bag


All week, I've been roaming, sitting, and drawing wherever I can. I've been fighting a cold and fighting some new weird operating system named after an endangered species. My studio is with me all the time. It's in my bag. It can get heavy but I don't care, wherever I am that's where I draw.

Primarily, I've been working on my current project of drawing with my crooked, craved, and taped up rulers on the cover photos from the New York Times. I'm not sure why I started cutting out this pictorial current event, but it is daunting, interesting, keeps me on my toes and keeps me current.

By drawing on the cover photo, I'm recycling and using what's at hand as paper. I get the paper delivered, but just adding up the price printed on the paper, the daily newsstand cost of this project is $469. 50. Add in the weekend price and that's another $442. I don't pay that much, but it adds up in other ways. I'm am always cutting and drawings on major events happening around the world...And that's all the news that's fit to print.