Monday, November 26, 2007

On the floor of the tunnel, feeling the light


I'm working on the floor, crying my eyes out while emailing all the Etsy artists to tell them how amazing they all are and that I can't wait for the show! I draw a little, send more emails assuring more people that they are doing great work. I make a call and tell another artist that I love their paintings. All true.

I am so overwhelmed by my schedule. I get up at 5:30 am Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, workout Wednesday and Thursday. On Fridays I clean house (which really is better for Mondays late morning), I pick Grant up at school Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons at 12:15 pm after blogging, collaging, and cleaning up some more. I say hi to all the moms and their kids, I schedule playdates. I work on Fred Gutzeit’s art career, for he's got an amazing show up at Sideshow Gallery right now. Tuesdays and Thursdays I play with Grant all day long. I spoil him and feel terrible. He's getting bratty and his teacher told me he had a tantrum today over some issue about glue or was it snack. I'm a bad mom.

I still need to get references for Grant's new babysitter (she started today) since the last babysitter didn't work out so well (I never got her references). Saturday and Sunday I'm at Pocket Utopia all day. I mediate on the subway, meal plan while in the shower (and scrub the tub for that will save time on Monday or is that Fridays that I clean). I need to sell some more Lucas Reiner prints so I can pay the rent for Pocket Utopia in 5 days. The babysitter called, Grant just had an "accident". I need to go home and do laundry, make dinner, find an outfit to wear to somebody else's dinner (I'll draw on the subway on the way uptown). I need to call a therapist for I'm losing my mind (I need to get more references). But there's light at the end of the tunnel, I hope, for the new babysitter is coming tomorrow too and I can sit on the floor again somewhere and try to compose myself.