Tuesday, September 05, 2006

September Free Spacing at The Lodge


The picture included with this post is of a perch I built for an art collector and close friend-one of the most beautiful and wonderful people I know. LOVE her! And for the month of September I'll be reviewing recent work and making new drawings and collages at her place, on the table, and today, on the floor (which was very comfortable in it's carpeted state).

While at this particular "Free Space," which I call the "Lodge," I am surrounded by a provocative collection of contemporary art, Her collection has just been rehung so I am relishing works of art, mainly in black and white, that look down on me while I work. It's inspiring and I feel an aesthetic challenge all around me and hopefully a lively dialogue will ensue between us all.