Friday, September 01, 2006

No Space, Other Spaces




Yesterday and today it's no space. I'll start a new space next week with maybe an inbetween space in the interim. But I wanted to mention other spaces I have worked at this summer and the past year. David's apartment is a frequent Free Space. He's been a friend of mine for about 12 years. He's in Murray Hill, so we order Indian Food, listen to music and drink wine, and I draw, and make collages. He reads. He has hundreds of art books and I look through them for inspiration. I started working at his apartment in December. On that night we listened to The Dave Brubeck Quartet, drank Cotes Du Luberon, and we decided that "life is a dance, not a race."

I made this collage at David's house. It was inspired by a Cezanne watercolor of trees. I took a picture of the table I work at when I'm at David's house. Free Space is a lot about a table. Here's another shot of a table from my 1000 Park Ave. Free Space!!