Monday, March 17, 2008

brownies and merlot, text and helvetica



I think little G's preschool reads the blog because Mike was grilled by the head teacher about little G's whereabouts on Friday! Busted!

Pictured above is a group of art enthusiasts watching the Chuck Close movie. The best thing about the picture is Fred's face peeking out of the lower left corner. We learned that night that brownies, egg creams and popcorn goes well with merlot. Also pictured above is a collage of a possbile new form.

It's Monday and I'm continuing my new form, new week experiment. Tomorrow, Tuesday, brings my attention to my text pieces and I've decided to draw them in helvetica. I watched a convinicing film on the font and I'm sold. As the filmmakers describe the font and it makes sense to me using it as a drawing tool, helvetica has a "neutralism." "It doesn't have a meaning in itself. The meaning is in the content of the text and not in the typeface."