Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gotta get home and blog about it!





After returning one of the last remaining packaged-up art of an Esty artist to it's handler, I ran back home to sit and blog about my new freespace! Thank goodness the little guy has a new fabulous babysitter that allows for me to hop on over to StoneFox, an amazingly cool architecture firm that has a pocket utopic art space in their offices called StoneFox Artspace! Another added bonus, is that the art part is organized by friend and fellow artist Elissa Levy (pictured above)!

It only gets better, Elissa and I not only share the same birthday but we also share similar art ideas. We have both dwelled in the land of the mandala and now we are both working with the Gray Lady and her inspirational pages as platforms, although I primarily stay on her front page, Elissa plays with the sports page. It's validating to to see how "all the news that's fit to print," winds up working for another artist, so much so, that I've decide to edition the next Pocket Utopia edition with Elissa for her upcoming shows at Nurtureart and StoneFox Artspace.

On top of all this lovefesting (and secretly I am fantasizing of constructing a building in Bushwick and having StoneFox design it), after freespacing at StoneFox I went up to Donnell Library and freespaced some more! It doesn't get much better than that for I love architect's offices and I love libraries. I love freespace!