Sunday, August 26, 2007

Every drawing is a work in progress




Being that it is almost the end of the summer, I have removed all my drawings from their sketchbooks and laid them out for some fresh air and a viewing. In total there are 22 larger drawings and 37 small drawings. They are all works in progress that will make their way into more finished drawings this fall. The sketchbooks which go everywhere with me, from dentist waiting room to playground, have become an essential component to my post-studio practice. I really have the dentist to thank for making me incorporate this sketchbook regiment.

The subway ride to Pocket Utopia has become one my favorite places to draw. After evaluating the drawings on the floor, the blank sketchbooks await more drawing. Draw whatever you go and you'll get a lot done.