Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Gallery Space


The clock ticks away as I wait for my root canal appointment. I decided not to go to the library today and instead I sent the babysitter out to do errands and am working at the kitchen table trying to balance my artist and now gallerist roles and responsibilities amongst others I must fill.

James Wagner and Bloggy both wrote very nice blog entries about Pocket Utopia. I liked what James said about his difficulty in distinguishing the relics of the hair salon from the art and that when he left the installation he found inspirational subjects everywhere his eye might find a rest. Perhaps he entered the "freespace," where art is everywhere, all the time? Or did he enter a "pocket utopia," still to be defined?

The dentist chair beckons me, which is neither a "freespace," nor utopic.