Sunday, January 21, 2007

Free Spacing II


I am working upstairs in my apartment tonight. I was scared away from my basement because I ran into 2 people having sex in the trash room! My husband said I shouldn't blog what I saw and I am always grateful for his advice, for I owe my current structure of working to him, but here I am at the kitchen table.

I've been researching contemplative spaces lately, for I need one. So I spent some time drinking tea this afternoon at Le Pain Quotidien specifically at their communal table. It wasn't peaceful, for the place was hopping with Sunday brunchers, even my dermatologist was there, but I loved sitting at such a long table.

Tables are essential to my practice and the one at Le Pain Quitidien is probably about 22 to 24 feet long. It might be a good place to have a studio visit. On a quiet day, I could really spread out, show a lot of drawings, and drink organic earl grey tea.

I was supposed to have a studio visit this week, but it never happened. Ever have that happen? You clean up, get ready, prepare yourself to open your private space and have a showing and then it doesn't go off? Well, let me tell you, it's even harder when you don't have a studio, for I rearranged all my folders, packed my bags, and then waited. Nothing. Now everything is organized and I am ready to having studio visits, so let's meet at Le Pain Quotidien. I'll buy the tea. (Contemplative Lotusland pictured above)