Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Excuse me, #7


Today is the last Wednesday of the month and therefore salon night or "Excuse me, you have art in your teeth," night. This evening's event will take place out at Pocket Utopia and will also function as a closing party for "Not Yet Utopic."

Today being Wednesday, it's also my day to work on social sculpture. I've redone my schedule of art-making to now include social space-making, which will fully integrate the Pocket Utopia project into my daily post-studio (and maybe post-gallery) practice. I'm dedicating the time and commiting to the space in order to really make it art (social sculpture) and therefore meaningful to me.


pictured above, from the show "Not Yet Utopic," Dana Gentile's Dreamboy 2007 6.5 x 11 x 1.5 inches mixed media collage, wooden spool and cigar box ($300)