Friday, October 13, 2006

Using the living room floor


I'm drawing on the floor in the living room today while Grant naps, for I'm going to some openings tonight in Williamsburg. I'm sorting through all my collages and drawings in order to decide what to take to Santa Barbara. I'm planning on creating 5 "exploding" idea boards, cork boards that will take a mandala form and be culled from my drawing practice.

The mandala which is a shape I use a lot-a focusing tool, with a relational aesthetics force emanating from that center...What? Essentially I'm trying to shape a form around my thoughts using the cork board mandalas as a foundation.

Just finished watching Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices, the Wal-Mart movie. Eeek, those workers almost work for free, not good, no Wal-Mart for me!