Sunday, September 24, 2006

60 Wall Street


Today I went back to an old favorite and a bona fide "Free Space," 60 Wall Street, which is a big a public atrium open until 10:00 pm, I think every night. There are tables and chairs, guards, little birds have made home there, and the homeless gather.

I've never "blogged" about this space, but I have written about it a lot, so this is merely an introduction. I have a lot more to say about this space, but here's a little description:

One of the best kept secrets of Wall Street is the public atrium of 60 Wall Street. This indoor public park has free wifi (like several other downtown parks), houses a deli, a news stand, and a good juice/smoothie bar. In fact, the deli in the atrium is one of the only places on Wall Street where you can get a good bagel in the morning. Anyway, this place is perfect for a lunch date or a casual meeting, as it's usually quiet, and if you're lucky, you can find a table to sit and shoot the breeze.